The Department of Pharmacy Practice in the College of Pharmacy at Purdue University invites applications for clinical-track or tenure-track positions in the area of Equity / Health Equity, as part of a cluster hiring initiative in Public Health, Health Policy, and Health Equity.
This cluster, comprised of 14 new faculty members across four colleges—Health and Human Sciences, Liberal Arts, Libraries and Information Studies, and Pharmacy—is just the first wave of a larger, multi-year cluster hiring initiative totaling 40 FTE overall that aims to expand Purdue’s research enterprise, add to the range of perspectives of our faculty, and promote a supportive community for all students.
The appointments would start in July/August 2022 or a future date subject to negotiation and appointments are expected to be at the level of Assistant Professor.
They are looking for candidates who are interested in addressing disparities in social determinants of health locally in Indiana and/or in settings outside of the United States. Pertinent experience and desirable areas of engagement may include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Providing healthcare services for underserved populations
- Working directly with marginalized communities to develop contextualized services aligned with their needs
- Assisting with nutrition insecurity
- Promoting youth education and wellness
- Evaluating public health programs
- Developing population health enhancing programs
- Addressing economic disparities
Applications will be accepted through the SuccessFactors link beginning on October 29, 2021 and conclude on January 10, 2022.
Inquiries can be sent to Dr. Sonak Pastakia, Professor of Pharmacy Practice, at email@example.com.
Thank you to HELI 2014 alumna Dr. Olayinka Shiyanbola for sharing with us!