We would like to share a call for submissions for a special issue of the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health ~
This issue, entitled “Globalization of Western Food Culture: Impact on Obesity and Food Insecurity,” belongs to the Health Behavior, Chronic Disease and Health Promotion section. Dr. Stephen B. Thomas, is one of the guest editors on this forthcoming special issue. The deadline for manuscript submissions is February 9, 2019.
IJERPH especially welcomes multi-disciplinary research in the area of food and nutrition security, both quantitative and qualitative including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Agro-industrialization, Globalization, and International Development
- Behavioral Interventions
- Body Weight and Body Image
- Community-Based Interventions
- Country Case Studies
- Culture and Global Food System
- Diffusion of Fast Food Outlets Worldwide
- Economic Development Policy
- Employment, Poverty, and the Natural Environment
- Fast Food vs. Consumption of Low-Energy, Nutrient-Dense Foods
- Food Subsidy Policy
- Globalization Effects on Agricultural food systems
- Impact of Marketing Practices on Consumer Food Patterns
- Local Food Culture
- Neighborhood Exposure to Supermarkets and Fast Food Outlets
- Role of Social Media
Dr. Thomas is a Professor of Health Services Administration and Director of the Maryland Center for Health Equity at the University of Maryland College Park. Dr. Thomas is also a leader of the National Research Mentoring Network (NRMN) Culturally Aware Mentoring (CAM) program and a founding Faculty member of the Health Equity Leadership Institute (HELI).
Thank you to Dr. Thomas for sharing this opportunity!