The Division of Global and Community Health in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the Medical University of South Carolina is seeking another highly motivated post-doctoral research associate for a federally funded study to evaluate a school-based asthma intervention and other school- and community-based research projects.
The postdoctoral research associate will be responsible for project management, which includes coordinating with school district personnel regarding the conduct of assessments and project progress, hiring and supervision of research assistants, overseeing recruitment of research participants and the informed consent/assent process, coordinating data collection in schools, as well as related duties. He/she will serve as the liaison between schools, students/parents, and the research staff.
Opportunities will also be available to collaborate on scholarly manuscripts and presentations pertaining to mental health, disruptive behavior, and substance use in children and adolescents and racial disparities in these outcomes, depending upon candidate interest.
- PhD (or ABD) in psychology or related field
- Strong background in community-based research
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, as well as attention to detail and excellent organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to work well independently, and cooperatively within a team while also being able to take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally in both research and community environments and work comfortably with ethnically/racially diverse youths and adults.
The position requires use of a personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement. Interested applicants should send an email with their curriculum vitae and cover letter to Colleen Halliday-Boykins, PhD, at email@example.com. Consideration of applications will begin immediately and will end when the position is filled.
***NOTE: This position is different from the one previously circulated that required advanced quantitative data analysis skills. Interested candidates may apply for both positions using the same application materials.