The Division of Global and Community Health in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the Medical University of South Carolina located in Charleston, SC, is seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate.
The Division is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral research associate for federally funded school- and community-based research projects pertaining to mental health, disruptive behavior, and substance use in children and adolescents and racial disparities in these outcomes. Responsibilities include conducting quantitative data analysis, preparation of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals, and project management, which includes liaising with school district personnel regarding the conduct of assessments and project progress, leading recruitment of research participants including targeted recruitment of African American families, developing and maintaining relationships with community-based organizations to facilitate research recruitment and data collection, recruitment of student research volunteers, supervision of volunteer and paid research team members, overseeing data collection, and related duties.
- PhD (or ABD) in psychology or related field
- Strong background in community-based research
- Strong skills in quantitative data collection, management, and analysis, including analysis of multilevel data.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, as well as attention to detail and excellent organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to work well independently, and cooperatively within a team while also being able to take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally in both research and community environments and work comfortably with ethnically/racially diverse youths and adults. Extensive experience in African American communities is preferred.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekend hours.
This position will require use a personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement.
Interested applicants should send an email with their curriculum vitae and cover letter to Colleen Halliday-Boykins, PhD, email@example.com. This position is available immediately. Consideration of applications will begin immediately and will end when the position is filled.