Very exciting news from our HELI colleagues in Maryland – upcoming event in Washington DC!
The University of Maryland (UMD) Division of Research, in collaboration with Congressman John P. Sarbanes and the Big Ten Academic Alliance, will host a Capitol Hill briefing focused on the topic of health equity and disparities research on Thursday, September 8th.
The panel discussion, titled, “Achieving Health Equity: From Disparities Research to Action,” will explore approaches to promoting health and preventing disease among vulnerable populations, including innovative community-based health interventions and public-private partnerships.
- Nadine Gracia, M.D., M.S.C.E, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Minority Health and Director, Office of Minority Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Eliseo Pérez-Stable, M.D., Director, National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparity, National Institutes of Health
- Julia Huggins, President of Cigna Healthcare Mid-Atlantic
- Margo Edmunds, Ph.D., Vice president, evidence generation and translation, Academy Health
- Kola Okuyemi, M.D., M.P.H., Professor, Dept. of Family Medicine and Community Health; Director, Program in Health Disparities Research, University of Minnesota
The briefing is part of the University of Maryland’s Research on the Hill series, which is aimed at raising awareness of research with great societal significance.
For more information and to register, please visit: https://healthequitybriefing.splashthat.com/http://healthequitybriefing.splashthat.com